3.1 times the weight loss than diet and exercise alone. Safe and effective weight loss solution. Over 220,000 placements worldwide. Now FDA approved.
Non-Surgical Balloon for Weight Loss. The Orbera®
Intragastric Balloon is a soft yet durable silicone
balloon that is designed to assist adult patients
with obesity, in losing and maintaining weight. It
is intended for patients with a BMI of 30 to 40 who
have attempted more conservative weight reduction
alternatives. The balloon is placed in the stomach
for six months, and is used in conjunction with a
long term supervised diet and behavior modification
Comprehensive two-part program designed to provide effective, motivating results that you can see. With ORBERA™ patients on average lose 3.1 times the weight they would with diet and exercise alone.
- Starts with a soft balloon placed in your stomach for six months to reinforce proper portion control.
- The Orbera® balloon take up space in your stomach helps you eat smaller meals.
- Balloon is temporary and placed in your stomach for six months without surgery or any incisions
- Patients will receive coaching from a team of experts, which may include a dietician, psychologist, and exercise physiologist
- Coaching continues after balloon is removed at six months for a total of 12 months
The Procedure: Placement and Removal
- Non-surgical procedure done under a mild sedative, the thin and deflated Orbera® balloon isplaced into the stomach. It is then filled with saline until it's about the size of a grapefruit. The procedure typically takes about 20-30 minutes so you can go home the very same day.
- At six months, the balloon is removed in the same way it was placed. Through a non-surgical procedure done under a mild sedative, it is deflated first then removed.
What to Expect
- The weight loss is rapid with the majority of weight loss typically occurring in the first three months of treatment
- On average patients lost 3.1 times the weight loss of diet and exercise alone
- The adjustments to your eating habits and your continued efforts to stay active will greatly influence your results
To Qualify for Orbera®, you should:
- Be an adult
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 to 40
- Be willing to participate in a medically supervised program
- After six months with the Orbera® two-part program, people lost an average 3.1x the weight patients lost with diet & exercise alone.
- Proven to keep the weight off even after the balloon is removed.
- A more than 20 year history of helping thousands of people lose weight.
- More than 220,000 Orbera® balloons have been distributed worldwide in over 80 countries.
- With the FDA approval of Orbera®, patients now have a safe and effective treatment option.